Intelligence Minister Heidar Moslehi has revealed a joint scheme by the US, Britain and Zionist regime to launch a massive cyber attack against Tehran following the nuclear talks in Moscow.
“Based on obtained information, the US and the Zionist regime along with the MI6 [the British intelligence service] planned an operation to launch a massive cyber attack against Iran’s facilities following the meeting between Iran and the P5+1 in Moscow,” Moslehi said on Thursday.
“They still seek to carry out the plan, but we have taken necessary measures,” Moslehi added.
Iran has been the target of several cyber attacks over the past few years.
Earlier this month, The New York Times revealed that US President Barack Obama secretly ordered a cyber attack with the Stuxnet computer virus against Iran to sabotage the country’s nuclear energy program.
“From his first months in office, President Obama secretly ordered increasingly sophisticated attacks on the computer systems that run Iran’s main nuclear enrichment facilities, significantly expanding America’s first sustained use of cyber weapons,” The New York Times quoted “participants in the program” as saying.
In addition, a recent report by The Washington Post said the US and Zionist regime have cooperated in creating a newly detected computer virus, dubbed Flame, to sabotage Iran’s nuclear program.
“The malware was designed to spy on Iran’s computer networks and send back intelligence used for an ongoing cyberwarfare campaign”, the daily reported on Tuesday.
US National Security Agency, CIA and the Zionist military worked together to create the Flame virus, the Post added.